Later this month Zoey will roll out the latest version of its Visual Design Editor. The long-awaited update adds simplicity to some of the core functionality our users rely on every day, while adding new customization options for our advanced users. Changes include:
- A new CMS system that makes it easier to edit content like images or text without changing the core design
The new CMS makes it easier to edit content without impacting the design.
- Dozens of new blocks for infinite design possibilities to make a site your own
- Ability to more fully customize the design of the My Account homepage and Blog
The new My Account design can be activated and then edited upon the launch of the new Visual Design Editor.
- Lock components together for easier drag-and-drop of sections of your site in one piece
- Branding section allows you to set default fonts and colors globally for your site
The new Theme Branding section lets you set default fonts and colors that are picked up throughout the theme.
- Full-width elements, such as sliders, for a fully responsive design look and feel
- Asset manager lets you upload custom code for specific pages, as well as fonts and images for your templates
In all, the hundreds of updates and thousands of hours invested in this release constitutes the largest feature upgrade in Zoey's history. We're excited to finally put these improvements in your hands!
What to expect
- The roll-out will begin January 15, and will take up to two weeks for all stores to be upgraded.
- During the upgrade to your site, the Visual Design Editor will be temporarily unavailable.
- An email notification will be sent to the account owner upon completion of the upgrade.
- We encourage customers and partners to review sites upon upgrade. While every attempt has been made to ensure the transition is seamless, there can and will be small shifts in site templates that may need a review or adjustment after the upgrade.
A Frequently Asked Questions page will be maintained on our support section with answers to questions about the new Visual Design Editor.
Learn more at our webinar
We've scheduled a webinar for 1 p.m. EST Wednesday, February 7, where we'll dive deeper into the new editor and how to make the most of it. You can register for that webinar here: